What happens when you put my favorite spice (TURMERIC) and favorite food together?! TURMERIC POACHED EGGS!!!
If you know me, then you know eggs are one of my FAVORITE foods. I sometimes feel like I am the character “Bubba” from the movie Forrest Gump, but instead of a shrimp obsession I have an egg obsession (see below for movie clip reference that makes me LOL every time). “You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey’s uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There’s pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich.” – Forrest Gump
Anyway, since learning how to cook in college I’ve always loved starting my day with eggs – they’re filling, delicious and truly one of the best nutritional bangs for you buck🍳💸 Low in calories (and cost🤑), but filled with protein and fat to help keep you satiated! Plus they contain omega-3’s, choline, vitamin B12, D & E👍🏻
As far as eggs go you can hard-boil, soft-boil, fry, make a frittata, make an omelette, make deviled eggs and last but not least: POACH them! OBVIOUSLY had way to much fun with this 🙂 Sooo check it out below for my simple instructions on how to make a beautiful and delicious GOLDEN egg!
Kitchen tools you will need:
1. Slotted spoon
2. Small sauce pan
2. 1 egg
3. White vinegar (to add to boiling water to help the egg coagulate)
1. Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring it to a boil
2. Crack an egg into a small bowl and line a clean plate with paper towels
3. When the water is boiling, add 2 tablespoons white vinegar and 2 teaspoons ground turmeric.
4. Reduce the heat to keep the water gently simmering, then pour in the egg
5. Poach the egg for 2-3 minutes, then pull it out with a slotted spoon and dry it off on the paper towels
Golden Poached Eggs
- 2 tbsp turmeric powder organic preferred
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp white vinegar helps the egg to coagulate when poached
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring it to a boil
- Crack an egg into a small bowl and line a clean plate with paper towels
- When the water is boiling, add 2 tablespoons white vinegar and 2 teaspoons ground turmeric.
- Reduce the heat to keep the water gently simmering, then pour in the egg
- Poach the egg for 2-3 minutes, then pull it out with a slotted spoon and dry it off on the paper towels