Delicious and easy tuna melt recipe with makes a great lunch or dinner option!
Servings 2 Servings
- 1 can tuna
- 1 tbsp light mayo
- 1 handful fresh dill chopped
- 1/2 each lemon squeezed
- 1 tbsp white or red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp shallot minced
- 1 slice Cheddar cheese *or any cheese of your choice
- Bread of your choice *I like to use whole wheat sour dough bread from Trader Joe's
- Rinse fresh dill and finely chop
- Mince shallot
- Drain 1 can of tuna
- Mix drained tuna, mayo, dill, shallot, vinegar and lemon in a bowl
- Add s&p to taste
- Place in fridge in an airtight container and let sit for a few hours or overnight (I find that the tuna always tastes best after all the flavors get to marinate a bit)
- Right before you are ready to eat pre-heat the oven to ~250 F
- Take 1-2 slices of bread and place 1 scoop of tuna salad mixture on top for an open-faced sandwich.
- Add slice of each on top of each
- Bake for a few minutes until cheese is melted
- Take out of oven and enjoy!