It’s super hot in NYC this week so this summertime waldorf chicken salad recipe is sure to come in handy since it is super simple to make, refreshing and so flavorful.
I use a rotisserie chicken to save on time, but if you have chicken breast at home you can simply boil it and then shred it and follow the rest of the ingredient instructions as listed. Here are some great instructions on how to shred chicken from Delish.com.
I love pairing this chicken salad as part of an open faced toasted sandwich over a salad. This meals makes for a great summer lunch or dinner. I also make it year round because I love it much! My main tip is to prepare this Summertime Walforf Chicken Salad at least 6 hours in advance. Overnight is ideal! It’s completely worth the wait since this way the flavors have a chance to really develop.
Rotisserie Chicken Waldorf Salad
- 1 Rotiserree chicken
- 1 tbsp Light mayo
- 2 cups Purple grapes Cut in half
- 1/2 cup Celery Chopped
- 1/4 cup Walnuts Chopped
- Take skin off of rotiserree chicken and shred chicken breast with your hands in large bowl
- Once chicken is shredded mix in 1 tbs light mayo
- Mix in grapes, celery, & walnuts
- Place in fridge and let sit for a few hours or overnight
- Serve on toasted bread as part of a sandwich or over a salad
- *Will last in airtight container for 3 days in refrigerator
Looking for another summer recipe to help you cool off? Try my anti-inflammatory smoothie recipe (linked here!)