What we specialize in:
- Eating disorders (binge eating disorder, anorexia, bulimia nervosa, orthorexia or other specified feeding and eating disorder)
- Chronic dieting/disordered eating
- Intuitive eating/non-diet nutrition therapy
- Body image concerns
- Digestive issues (IBS, IBD, Celiac Disease, SIBO)
- Food allergies or intolerances
- Pregnancy and Postpartum nutrition
- Health improvement from a non-diet and weight inclusive approach
- Nutritional management of chronic disease (elevated cholesterol, hypertension, diabetes, PCOS)
Nutrition Therapy is for you if:
- You take an all or nothing approach to your health, it’s either a “good day” or a “bad day,” and there’s no in-between
- You’re constantly restarting diets because last time it didn’t stick…and the time before that…and the time before that.
- You’re stuck in an endless cycle of feeling good and then feeling guilty about food
- You’re sick of having food rules that control your life and want to approach food from a place of self-care and not restriction
- You are seeking recovery for an eating disorder and you know deep down, the right support system is the key to your success
- You’ve tried a million things to help your chronic illness and you just can’t seem to find the right answer
We will explore your relationship with food, health history, lifestyle, and goals so you can finally make changes that will stick! Together, we’ll find true health. During this first conversation, be prepared to discuss the following in detail:
- Health background
- Your relationship with food, exercise and your body
- Foods you like and dislike
- Your current dietary patterns
- Any dietary restrictions
- Weight history
- Any other information about your lifestyle and regular habits
- Your values, goals, aspirations – what would true self-care and authentic health look like for you?
This information serves as the base for your plan and goals moving forward.
Follow Up Sessions
Follow-up sessions will be scheduled weekly or bi-weekly depending on your needs and your lifestyle. These serve as accountability meetings where we:
- Discuss and monitor your progress
- Utilize accountability to reach your goals
- Identify where you’re struggling or what isn’t working
- Discuss questions you may have along the way
- Modify and create new goals along the way if needed
- We offer a self pay rate and can provide you with a superbill to submit to your insurance for potential reimbursement.
- We are in-network with Aetna and Cigna insurance in New York.
A 48-hour notice is required to cancel or reschedule an appointment. If you miss your appointment, cancel, or reschedule your appointment with less than 48-hours notice, you will be charged a late cancellation fee.
Please note, a credit card is required to hold appointments.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO
WORKING WITH YOU!
Latest from the blog
At the start of every new year, we're inundated with mixed messages about diets, nutrition, and health. Every health enthusiast or influencer claims their method is the best, and they can help you get to where you've always wanted to be. Year after year, it's the same...
5 Reasons to Ditch Diets this Year January is commonly known as “national dieting month.” This cycle is overdue for a change. Each year people all over the world set out to make the most of the New Year’s blank slate. New year, new me as the saying goes. Willpower is...
Why Anti-Diet is Not Anti-health But first -- Why diets cause harm: Diet culture has embedded into us that following a diet is what leads to better health. Yet, most diets are based on the pursuit of thinness and not health. That being said, it’s important to note...