I’m a big fan of starting my day with a high-protein breakfast. Eggs are a good go-to protein of choice in the morning since they are versatile, nutrient-dense, and inexpensive! I often make hard-boiled eggs at the beginning of the week to have on hand for when I am on the go. When I have time before work I love to whip up a fried egg on the stove.
These mini egg frittatas are another eggscellent way to start my day! Similar to hard-boiled eggs, I love that these can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge throughout the week. This makes for a convenient and healthy weekday breakfast. Plus these guys include colorful and nutrient-dense veggies as an added bonus!
1 dozen eggs
1 bag spinach
2 bell peppers
1 tbsp EVOO
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F while mincing onions and bell peppers
2. Crack dozen eggs in large bowl and whisk until blended, add salt & pepper based on preference
3. Saute onions and bell peppers over medium heat in EVOO for 2-3 minutes
4. Add spinach to veggie mixture on stove and sauté for another 2 minutes
5. Grease 12-count muffin tin with oil/fat of your choice (i.e cooking spray, EVOO, ghee)
6. Add 1 heaping tbsp of the veggie mixture per muffin compartment
7. Once all 12 compartments are filled with veggie, pour egg mixture over each
8. Place muffin tray in oven for 25-30 minutes
9. Store in airtight container for up to 5 days