Matcha mornings just got a whole lot better! These matcha balls were inspired by www.paleogrubs.com and totally hit the spot when I’m looking for an energizing snack to lead a productive day. They balance as a perfect sweet and nutty treat filled with healthy fats, protein and my all time favorite ingredient when a little extra brainpower is needed: Matcha. It helps enhances alertness and energy while also giving a calming effect (L-theanine for the win). These are so easy to make! It contains only 8 ingredients and no added sugar. Plus these are great to make ahead of time with your meal prep since they stay fresh a full week in the fridge.
- ¼ cup almonds
- ¾ cup hazelnuts
- 16 medjooldates, pitted
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut shreds (save some extra to place on top for aesthetic)
- At least 2 tbsp matcha powder
- 1 scoop collagen peptides of whey protein for extra protein
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp water to held bind the mixtures into beautiful balls🙌🏼
- Blend all ingredients in food processor and take heaped teaspoons of mixture and shape into balls.