Been putting TJ’s everything but the bagel seasoning on everything these days! The options are limitless. Usually I add plain sesame seeds to my baked tofu, but when my mom was visiting over the weekend it was her idea to use this instead after realizing I had ran out of sesame seeds and VOILA – SO good! Made with only 3 ingredients and turned out so crispy!! Will also need parchment paper to line the sheet pan with.
1. 1 pack tofu
2. Everything but the bagel seasoning from Trader Joe’s
3. 1-2 Tablespoon sesame oil
*Plus will need parchment paper for the sheet pan
1. Start by removing moisture from tofu block: Place paper towels above and below the tofu. Weigh it down to ring out moisture faster by placing a cutting board on top and weighing it done with cans or books. Every 30 mins or so, drain the water and add new paper towels. If you have the time drain in the fridge overnight (the longer the better!)
2. Slice the pressed tofu horizontally into sixteen pieces (each will be about 1/4-inch thick). Set aside.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 400 F
4. Place tofu on parchment paper covered sheet pan and evenly distribute tofu pieces across the pan. No oil yet!
5. Bake for 20 minutes (flipping halfway)
6. Take out of the oven and use a brush to lightly coat with oil and then sprinkle seasoning on top
7. Put back in oven for another 2-3 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and allow tofu to cool for a minute or two on the pan before serving.
Enjoy hot or cold!